Eating Raw While In College (And After!)

Eating Raw While In College (And After!)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

How to make your own reed diffuser!

Potpourri and Essential Oil Photo (42-18706955)


Materials:
A sweet glass jar, 1/2 C oil, 12+ "reed diffuser sticks" (made of a porous wood like rattan), and any essential oil of your preference.

Methods/Steps:
1) Find a zesty glass jar/small vase that will surely add pizzaz and spirit to your living space (I picked one up at Target for around $5).
2) Pour in 1/2 C of any type of oil -- I used canola oil because it's cheap and I don't use it in my food anymore. (Though they are more expensive I only use olive and coconut oil these days because I couldn't find a specific plant source for canola oil.) :)
3) Obtain your favorite essential oil scents and drop 5-10 droplets into the oil --I alternate between combining lime and lavender together or just using orange with cinnamon.
4) Insert the reed sticks. (I got mine for $1 at Bed Bath and Beyond).
5) Inhale deeply and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment